Knock Knock.. Who’s there? the POLICE! Dang if I didn’t get my first ‘Knock’ (hopefully last) when I was almost 3 months full-time.. in my ‘Serenity Sedan’ nest. Here’s the play by play for your trivia fill😀
- Monday night 11:00.. settle into outskirts of a medical center near a very nice hotel.. slept there 3 or 4X before.. very peaceful
- Midnight- very LOUD bang coming from the back of my car
- I’m barely asleep.. I hear in a very authoritative voice “the POLICE”.. I say “yes”
- more banging.. (he later tells me he did not hear me.. said I must be sound proof with my window coverings!).. I’m fidgeting with my keys trying to figure out how to crack the window.. brain is not working..
- Can’t figure out why window won’t go down.. so I fidget more to just unlock the dang door and I just open the door! Did I really just open the door? Yep.. although I was certain it was the police because he was loud, clear, and concise in his tone.. a no messing around voice..
- asked me how I was doing from the back.. I literally said “I’m doing GREAT”..
- I’m feeling totally relaxed or in shock and we proceeded to have a 10 minute conversation like as if we were sitting having coffee!
- Conversation Tidbits-
Ten months later.. I have 3 knocks to my journey belt..
#2 happened at a beautiful park. I stayed one night with no interruptions 😊.. 3 nights later I came back and awakened to a tap tap.. at 10:30.. park closed at 10.. not nearly as eventful as the first knock.. Oh well one night of waking to this view was better than none!
#3 a casino parking lot With another stunning view on Indian reservation property in Washington; 2 days before my birthday. Once again I had resided not one but 3 nights there while in training for my camp host job. No problem. 2 weeks later I drove back to the same location the night before 2 days off. I wanted to get a head start on a birthday road trip. 10pm..security guards.. male and female.. told me “not permitted..nothing against me but one ruins it for all”. I was told later by a police officer where I’m now working that there is heavy drug use on the reservation.. WOW.. a way different scenario than Parker, AZ..
My wish for you.. may you always have happy knocks no matter what kind of door you have or where you are living.
smiles and joy,