Full time gypsy living full time in a car, a car dweller, digital nomad.. a nomad lifestyle.. I am the owner/founder of Say It Display It - 30 day decks of inspiration cards to fuel your day-fuel your month.. integrating Serene and Simple Life with a channel and blog.. Changing lives one person, one saying at a time.
Throughout this past year on the road as a full time digital nomad I have been filling on line orders from Amazon; Etsy and the website. I carried all 30 different themes in the Say It Display It®️ line in my home’s garage – aka- trunk… ‘Serenity Sedan’ is her name.
The product line of themes consists of 2 different size cards and 2 different styles.. the stand alone themed collection or the keepsake wood box with a deck of inspiration cards and a display stand. The inventory consisted of 3 huge IKEA bags filled to the brim.
I’ve decided this coming year on the road that I need to downsize the amount of themes I carry. Too many choices now! The line will decrease from 30 themes to approximately 15.. 3 of them in the smaller line will be 3 brand new collections:
1.Mighty 5 Utah National Park
3. Serene and Simple Life Travels
Hopefully; it will be easier to shop with less choices to make to be confused and/or overwhelmed with what you like and what to give others.
In addition; it is necessary to make some small price increases. Until December 15 prices will remain the same as they have since the onset of Say It Display It®️ in 2015.
Black Friday, Cyber Monday.. I never was one much to participate in the ‘hoopla’ of these occasions. Though It always seemed like a fun thing to do.. run around (drive 😊) in the madness to snatch up the best items at the best prices. It’s that time of year again!
In Black Friday I’m going to do as I always have.. even as a car dweller.. stay parked while others run around and literally shop till they drop. No wait! I’m going to be visiting my son, daughter-in-law and my grand sweet pea in CA.
I’m going to live a life of pure luxury for a few days and hang out in a hotel that my son has graciously offered to pay for. They do say when someone wants to do something for you.. allow them otherwise you are robbing them of a blessing!😊
I don’t want to wear out my welcome and be under their feet so coming and going will be great! I will spend Thanksgiving with them.. offer to watch sweetpea.. visit as they see fit.. no bombardment just bliss..
I imagine I will partake of cyber Monday to find some ‘SCORES’ that are on my needs list for this coming year as I continue ‘full time’ car dweller lifestyle.
Disclosure: You may already be aware that I am an amazon affiliate. Which simply means that if you choose to click on the link here I will receive a small percentage from Amazon for doing my part to influence you to shop Amazon! Even if you choose other items.. if you are on the link to my store then it’s a SCORE for Serene and Simple Life. Thank you in advance!
I applied to become an influencer with Amazon and was accepted. This means that all of the items that I use (and love) are in one place.. one store.. here is the link- https://Amazon.com/sereneandsimplelife
I’d be remiss not to share with you my top 5 favorites.. something for everyone.. great gifts for friends and family who are full time living in a real home, a tiny home and RV, or a real vehicle home😊
No particular order:
1. Steering wheel tray! $11.. eat, work and play while hanging out in your vehicle! The best invention ever!
2. 7 in 1 safety tool..Never be without! I keep this tool in my glovebox. Seat belt cutter, window breaker, Emergency blinker to hang on car door outside vehicle, Hand crank charger, flashlight and more! Carry something like this and hopefully you’ll never be in an emergency situation!
3. Neck light
– the coolest invention ever.. hang around your neck or hang on the steering wheel.. viola! Light to read, work on hobbies, snack!It twists and bends to hang anywhere!
4. Anker battery bank- goes with me everywhere.. in my purse, inside my pocket charging my phone on the go.. phone losing its charge in Target while trying to use their ‘red card’ app to check out or to scan the deals? No problem! Battery bank to the rescue!
5. 12 Volt kettle! On the go driving and need some hot water for your favorite beverage? Have your tea bags, instant coffee or powder mix handy.. in 10 minutes you will have your favorite drink ready to enjoy.. no need to spend money or look for a truck stop to meet your hot water needs!
BONUS for all you contemporary nomads and solar lovers! The Jackery ‘all in one’ power bank and 50 Watt solar panel! Charges my laptop, I pad, kindle, phone, neck light and more!
‘Jackery’ is sitting right beside the solar panel.. charging!
I will be posting a video on my channel on Thanksgiving of all these cool items (taken at my favorite park in Texas) .. so if you like subscribe and click the bell for updates.. Incase you didn’t know😊
Over the course of the last week I have been hanging out and working at my favorite indoor spot. I’ve probably put in close to 20 hours sitting in my favorite chair (next to my luxurious seat in ‘Serenity Sedan’). The library is my ‘home away from home’ while back to Texas for 6 or 7 weeks.
I’m so grateful to be able to focus and get stuff accomplished all the while looking outside through the beautiful, big windows!
I’ve been working on several different projects. One is updating some of the backgrounds with photos I have taken all over the country in 2019 in the current themed collections of the Say It Display It®️line.. launching in 2020!
In addition we’re also adding 3 new themes to the current line in 2020..
In addition we have totes, pillows, journals, mugs, water bottles, canvas plaques, stationery, stickers, phone cases, shower curtains, bath mats and much more . All designed with stunning photographs with the sayings Serene and Simple Life is best known for😊
It has been 14 months since I left a life of luxuries to pursue a ‘God calling’..living life in a car as my only home. Today I am back to where it all began.
I’m sitting in Serenity Sedan now in complete serenity after enjoying a salad I picked up at Walmart. Stationery at a familiar park where before leaving Texas December 25, 2018 I would hang out to journal, work, have instant coffee and lunch or dinner.
Sometimes I would just drift off into never never land for a few to contemplate what was ahead. Truly a life without what I now call ‘luxuries’.. tv, microwave, regular showers, and a bathroom all my own.
There are exciting times ahead. I feel it in my soul. God is healing my spirit; revealing new truths, strengthening my soul and pruning me for the next season to come as a full time gypsy nomad living in a vehicle. I am humbled to be able to be used by Him and offer my help to others looking for a ‘new beginnings’.
Over the course of the next few weeks I will be visiting my son and his family (daughter-in-law and grand sweet pea) as well as my daughter and 2 grand sweet peas. I’m looking forward to fun reunions and making new memories to store in my heart when the time gets too long before seeing them again. I’m grateful for this new day and this precious opportunity.
I’m very busy with craft show season. 3 shows behind me now and 2, perhaps 3 to go.
During the week I will be hanging out at the library working on my Say It Display It®️business, blogging and producing new videos for Serene and Simple Life
Storage show and tell.. everything I own in one 7 X 10 metal box
sharing my thoughts and opinion about home ownership
show business season with the who, what, where of it all
40 days and 7500 miles after leaving Utah.. what I did and where I went
A Surprise! God’s perfect timing
A new permanent address!
I hope you will continue to join me on this journey. As always I will be blogging my video productions as I post them on my Serene and Simple Life channel. My heart’s desire is that I would empower, encourage and inspire you to live your best life and live life large no matter the luxuries you may or may not have.. today or down the road on your journey.
One of my biggest concerns in choosing to live full time in my car was how would I stay clean and where would I be able to indulge in a hot shower? Over the course of the last year I think I have figured it out! I have found that it is possible to stay and feel fresh and clean even when I have no access to a shower!
I have named the 3 ways I stay ‘hygentically clean’ GOOD~ BETTER ~ BEST
1. Good- baby wipes.. quick and easy.. daily wash
2. Better- large spray bottle and basin
3. Best- showers.. Here are my ‘go tos’ while traveling..
I ask Google- ‘showers near me’
I’ve always been of the philosophy- anything is possible if you want it bad enough. I was bound and determined to let go if a life of mortgages and rent that kept me in ‘the poor house’ as my dad use to say.. I have found a way to be clean, feel clean and stay clean without showers on a regular basis. I don’t miss showers; I’m just very grateful when I find one as it turns into a big blessing for the day! It’s the little things.. when you are without then you tend to appreciate things even more when you do receive them.
Here is the 4th and 5th videos from Serene and Simple Life on ‘hygiene and makeup’ in the series ‘Short and Sweet Saturday’ – food- power- clothing- hygiene- makeup
How is it even possible to downsize from a full size closet to just enough clothing for all 4 seasons; all the while living full time in a car? It took some detaching and ‘letting go’ of many pieces as well as time to be able to figure out what I needed vs what I wanted to go with me. Eventually I was able to go through my wardrobe and go from clothes clothes and more clothes to way less clothes!
When I first decided to hit the road full time and live in my car I had to first process what was a must to go with me.. for instance a winter coat and gloves.. just in case! I made 4 piles.. absolute needs, let go and give away, maybes, stuff to store till next year.. A month before hitting the road I got busy sorting so I could take my time with all of it. I visited the piles often to further eliminate pieces I no longer needed or wanted.
7 mesh bags called ‘Amazon basic bags’, an heirloom Vera Bradley bag, (1) collapsible fabric box and one extra large Ikea bag houses all my clothing in ‘Serenity Sedan’.
collapsible fabric boxes
1. (4) medium size Amazon basic mesh bags:
1. (10) short sleeve tops
2. (14) tank tops
3. (4) capris (2) long stretch pants
4. (3) knit shorts (3) Jean type shorts
(3) assorted size mesh bags:
1. Casual Dresses for church, craft show participation
3. Long sleeve tops
2. Vera Bradley bag- Shoes- 1 dressy sandal with heels, 3 casual flat sandals, 1 dressy flat sandal, 1 casual dress slip on shoes
4. Big blue ikea bag- Winter wear! 2 scarves, 1 shoe booties for cold weather, winter coat, warm ph bottoms, 2 sweat pants, 2 sets of long johns, 2 wool sock sets, gloves, puffy vest
I am an Amazon affiliate where they compensate us financially if you use the links in our store to purchase items.. even if not the same items. The fabric boxes are currently out of stock though the super Amazon basic bags and IKEA bags I use are available. Here is the link if interested- https://Amazon.com/shop/sereneandsimplelife Thank you in advance!
So there you have it.. downsized from 1 large wardrobe closet filled to the brim to 4 storage systems to house everything I need in Serenity Sedan. Everything is organized, easy to find and simple. No more staring at a closet full of clothes with what should I wear? Well I still ask myself that question but I don’t spend as much time pondering the answer! A serene and simple life it is.. one I wish for you as well!
How does one manage as a full time car dweller without buried, covered and grounded wires; that wonderful Thomas Edison invention called electricity? The thoughts of full time car dwelling without having wall outlets was definitely daunting when I made the decision to hit the road full time in my car. Lap top, I pad, kindle, I phone, fan, light.. oh my! How would I keep it all juiced up with power and ready to go?
I researched a lot! You tube and asking questions in the various face book groups I am part of were my first attempt to figure it all out. The answers came one by one as I considered space in Serenity (my Acura Sedan) finances and ease of use.
There are 3 main items I purchased and one gift to be able to maintain sufficient power for my devices mentioned above.
1. Jackery- Lithium battery bank.. referred to as an ‘All in One’ plug and play.. 2 USB ports, an AC plug, 12 Volt, DC
2. Jackery solar panel to go hand in hand with the Jackery.. a gift from my son.. Oh for the love of sunny days! It is a 50 watt panel. Over the course of 8 hours in full sunlight the Jackery battery bank can be fully charged. It also has a USB port built in. There are times I utilize a sunny day to not only charge my battery bank back up but to charge my I phone or portable battery bank as well. Voila! The sun does its thing and I have fully charged devices. I could never have imagined I’d be living in a time of solar energy let alone relying on and using it!
3. Anker brand battery bank.. consists of 2 USBs to be able to charge my phone 6-8 times. It’s very cool as there are 4 light up dots to see the level of charge capacity.
4. Best Tek brand inverter.. 300 Watt.. when on a long road trip I plug the inverter into my cigarette lighter.. then plug whatever needs charging into the inverter.. be it phone, battery bank, lap top, I pad, kindle or even Jackery. The inverter has one AC outlet for the lap top or Jackery and two USB ports.
That’s it! Simple and easy to understand, space savers and ready in an instant to use anytime. It wasn’t always this simple. I had days when I would get twisted up on what’s what. Over all I have found that the more you use something the more accustomed and easier it gets. Life 101!
If you like; I’m an amazon influencer and receive a small percentage of what you purchase just by clicking on any one of the links or just shop here: https://amazon.com/shop/sereneandsimplelife You don’t even have to purchase the exact item(s). As long as you use one link Amazon will give us a reward for sharing. Thank you in advance too!
I encourage you to start with the bare minimums like I did if thoughts of power intimidates you. You can always add more power or solar to your rig as you go. We are in a fascinating era of many different options to meet your power needs. Go forth! Blessings in your day and power on!